7 Bad Health Habits That Doctors Need You to Stop Doing ASAP
Have you ever been advised by your doctor or parents to stop eating too many sweets on a daily basis? Well, if yes, then there is a good reason behind it because consuming excess sweets can be unhealthy. Similarly, there could be a number of things that we do on a regular basis, that may not be healthy for us at all, some of which we know and some of which we may do without realizing.
1. Holding Urine Controlling the urge to pass urine and holding it in can cause a number of issues like UTI, bladder infections and even genital infections in both men and women.
2. Constant Gum Chewing If you are someone who likes to chew on gum all the time, you might want to stop because experts have linked this habit to the development of stiffness and pain in the jaw bones.
3. Nail Biting Nail biting is an extremely nasty and unhealthy habit that could cause a number of stomach ailments and infections, as the dirt accumulated in your nails can get into your system!
4. Not Flossing Not flossing your teeth on a regular basis can let the tiny food particles remain in between your teeth, even if you brush, causing cavities and gum infections.
5. Constant Computer Use Working on a computer continuously for more than 6 hours can not only cause eye problems, but also other ailments like stress and high blood pressure.
6. Sitting For Long If you are someone who likes sitting down for more than a couple of hours, without moving, then you could be at the risk of developing obesity, arthritis and heart diseases.
7. Wearing The Wrong Shoes If you are wearing shoes which are too loose, tight or come with high heels, on a regular basis, you could be putting your legs and back at the risk of serious damage.