How to take care of curly hair
Having curly hair can be frustrating at times. Often your hair is unruly and just won’t fall into the soft, defined curls you crave or it is being very difficult. Well, all of this can be solved. Following a structured and simple curly hair routine can help to alleviate your curl problems and leave your hair healthy and feeling refreshed.
Curly hair has every tendency to be dry which gives every reason, not to over wash or rinse it. too much washing of curly hair can lead to loss of the natural oils in your hair and will lead to your curls getting dry. its safe to wash your hair utmost 2 times a week.
First, choose a shampoo that is free from sulfates and ammonia- both of these are very harsh and can cause curly hair to frizz. Also, make sure that you use a shampoo with low alcohol content because alcohol dries the hair causing crunchy curls. Next, wet your hair with warm water (not boiling!) and begin to lather your hair with the shampoo. Gently massage the scalp and then work the lather from the roots of your hair to the tips. Scrubbing your hair aggressively stimulates the secretion of natural oils from the scalp, which can lead to greasy curls. Most people should only wash their hair every 2-3 days as any more will cause hair brittleness and dryness.
Check : Salt Free Shampoo : Reasons To Use It (you will Find a List of The Best Sulfates Free Shampoos )
After washing, apply a liberal amount of conditioner and work it from the roots of the hair to the tips. After that, tuck your hair into a shower cap before bathing
the rest of your body. The steam from the bathe in combination with the conditioner will enable your hair to lock away moisture.
When you have finished washing your hair, gently pat it dry with a towel before then allowing it to dry naturally in the air. Avoid scrubbing your hair with a
towel or blow drying it, as these can damage the hair cause your curls to lose their definition and become a frizzy mess.
Brushing hair while it is still damp but not soaking is best for people with curly hair because it helps to avoid frizzing and it also reduces breakage. Use a widetoothed comb to brush, starting from a few inches above the tips and working upward in sections towards the roots. Applying a detangling product, among others, beforehand is also a good idea.
Keeping curly hair looking on point can be quite an effort but a good curly hair routine and lots of tips and hacks can make it much easier. These include not styling your hair in a manner that involves the application of lots of heat to the hair all the time. You should also sleep with your hair high up on your head to protect your natural curl pattern and produce curls that are well defined and have volume in the morning.
Hair care and health
Keeping curly hair moisturized is key in keeping curly hair manageable. When the hair becomes dry it develops split ends, which leads to frizz. There are lots of things you can do to keep your hair super moisturized at all times but some of the best hacks out there include :
• Wearing a silk bonnet or using silk pillows and bedsheets- Silk is not very absorbent and so it will not draw moisture out of your hair. Silk also allows your hair to breathe and is very smooth which reduces any drying friction between it and your hair.
• Avoiding over washing your hair- As well as removing dirt and grime, washing your hair can also remove the natural oils secreted by the scalp, leaving it and the hair brittle and dry. Washing your hair every 2-3 days means that your scalp and hair will stay moisturized.
• Avoiding hairstyles that require heat- Applying high temperatures to the hair can evaporate surface water and any water bound to the hair causing dryness and brittleness. Limiting heat exposure can enable your hair to stay moisturized. Also, just like any other part of your body, to keep your hair healthy and in good condition, you must make sure it has the right nutrients daily. Providing your hair with the right nutrients is very important because it enables your hair to grow healthy and strong.
Good habits that can help boost your hair’s health include:
• Eating a varied diet- Eating lots of different types of food means that you will get lots of different types of vitamins and minerals.
• Taking supplements- If you cannot eat a varied diet then taking supplements is the second best option.
• Eating protein- Protein is essential for hair growth and repair
• Eating regularly throughout the day- This enables your hair to receive a constant stream of nutrients.
Now onwards on your journey to perfect curls!